About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Mediastinum (ISSN 2522-6711) is an open access and peer-reviewed medical journal aiming at better understanding and management of mediastinal diseases. It is a professional platform for the sharing of knowledge and experience between interested peers so as to finally benefit the patients. As a unique journal, it is not limited to diseases primary to this narrow space, but encompassing all disorders related to or affecting the mediastinum (including metastatic lesions from other parts of the body, local manifestation of systemic changes, as well as disease extension from neighboring organs or compartments). By allocating most up-to-date clinical and basic researches, state-of-the-art therapeutic approaches, and rich material for education, Mediastinum aims to provide high level evidence and useful resources for all healthcare professionals engaged in delivering quality care to their mediastinal patients.
Mediastinum is indexed and covered by
- PubMed Central
Information for Authors
Mediastinum is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and it follows the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)'s guidelines and the ICMJE recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journal.
Manuscripts submitted must be the original work of the author(s) and must not be published previously or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission Turnaround Time
- In-house review: 1-3 weeks
- External peer review: 1-3 months
- Publication Ahead of Print: within 1 month after being accepted
- Formal publication: within 1-3 months after being accepted. Original Articles are listed as priority.
Open Access Statement
Mediastinum is a peer reviewed, open access journal. All content of the journal is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial- NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). All articles published open access will be immediately and permanently free for all to read, download, copy and distribute as defined by the applied license.
Free access and usage
Permitted third party reuse is defined by the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This license allows users to copy and distribute the article, provided:
- this is not done for commercial purposes and further does not permit distribution of the Article if it is changed or edited in any way.
- the user gives appropriate credit (with a link to the formal publication through the relevant DOI) and provides a link to the license but not in an any way implying that the licensor is endorsing the user or the use of the work.
- no derivatives including remix, transform, or build upon the material was allowed for distribution.
For open access publishing, this journal uses an exclusive licensing agreement. Authors will transfer copyright to Mediastinum, but will have the right to share their article in the same way permitted to third parties under the relevant user license, as well as certain scholarly usage rights.
For any inquiry/special circumstance on the copyright, commercial usage or adaptation of Mediastinum articles, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For reprint order, please contact: email@example.com
Mediastinum is published by AME Publishing Company.
Address: Flat/RM C 16F, Kings Wing Plaza 1, NO. 3 on Kwan Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China.
Updated on December 20, 2021